The Safest & Most Stable Paramotor Platform Available!
The ALL NEW BlackHawk LowBoy II is packed with features! This includes a new “raked” front end, a tapered rear axle, and a lower ground clearance ( 7″). The LowBoy II Paramotor Quad also features lower hang point attachments , adjustable Billet Aluminum hang-points (with bearings), a comfortable bucket-style racing seat, and a four-point harness. Wheels are made from a light-weight polished aluminum and feature ribbed, aircraft-style, Two-ply tires. The Front and rear axles feature a wide-stance, and are held in place via pins for ease of removal. The high-quality cage connectors for the new LowBoy II Quad are made with ultra light-weight aluminum brackets. The beautiful LowBoy II frame is first sandblasted, then a powder-coat primer is applied to ensure your quad will look great throughout it’s lifetime. The LowBoy II Quad comes in a variety of colors: Metallic Black Cherry with Clear Coat, Metallic Gunsmoke Silver with Clear Coat, or custom colors are available upon request as well! You will NOT find a more beautifully designed, higher performance, or more stable wheeled platform in Powered Paragliding! Over the years, the LowBoy II Quad has earned the reputation as “the most sought-after in the sport.”
CONTACT US to order your BlackHawk LowBoy II Quad Today!
*2 person powered paragliders do not qualify for the FAA’s FAR 103 in the US. Customers are responsible for checking the applicable regulations where they reside or fly.
- Rear suspension axles are 1″ thick, and made from extremely strong fiberglass. They can slide into the lower-frame compartment quickly, and make the quad only four feet wide! This allows for easy loading and transport in the back of a truck or trailer. The entire Quad can be quickly disassembled and broken down into suitcase-size, making shipping a breeze.
- Our New LowBoy II Paramotor Quad provides for the safest and easiest way to launch and fly a Paramotor! A Quad by nature, is 100x safer than any other machine, and it can handle the toughest, most uneven terrain. The benefits of a quad include the capability to maintain stability, even with an off-center glider. The LowBoy II Quad will remain upright on it’s wheels.
- The frame is constructed with 4130 Chrome Moly Steel, providing unmatched strength while maintaining low-weight. In addition, this quad features fiberglass axles which provide exceptional suspension, and over a foot of wheel-travel. With super easy, straight-axle steering, high-speed wheel bearings, a comfortable bucket-style racing seat (with cover), and a secure four-point harness, “this is one bad LowBoy II Quad!”
- The LowBoy II Paramotor Quad was designed for single or tandem passenger application, and features a very low center-of-gravity for safety. With easy launching and landing characteristics, the LowBoy II is exceptionally safe and FUN to fly!
- In less than 5-minutes, the entire LowBoy II frame can be easily disassembled for traveling or compact transport.
- Optional wheeleze balloon tires are available as an upgrade for the new LowBoy II Paramotor Quad.
- A compatible and versatile design: LowBoy II Paramotor Quads are designed to work with all major brands of Powered Paragliders on the market today. This includes brands like Fresh Breeze, Fly Products, and many more. Best of all, the LowBoy II Quad was designed to be perfectly paired with the BlackHawk HellCat 360, or AirMax 220 Paramotors!
- As a standard, our BlackHawk Quad Paramotors come with the the Rhino Cage. It’s recommended that for quad application, a 52″ or 54″ prop is used. For more information on available cages, please visit our Paramotor Cages Page.
The LowBoy II Tandem Quad:
BlackHawk’s NEW LowBoy II Tandem Quad was designed for both tandem and single pilot application. The Tandem LowBoy II Paramotor Quad also features a low center of gravity for safety, a very comfortable bucket-style racing seat (with cover), and a foot-bar installed for the passenger’s comfort. The LowBoy II Tandem Quad features the same easy launching and landing characteristics as the regular LowBoy. This makes it safe and fun to fly with a friend!
Trikes Vs. Quads? Why BlackHawk Only Offers Quads:
We have customers call frequently and ask what the difference is between Quads Vs. Trikes. After years of manufacturing gear, instructing students, hundreds of hours in research & design, and many prototype models, we KNOW for a fact that a Paramotor Quad is the safest, most stable, and easiest way to launch a powered paraglider. We have designed our LowBoy Quads with a low center of gravity and to feature a wide wheel base. This makes BlackHawk Quads second-to-none in performance and safety.
“A digression on Quads: I saw some extreme examples of the incredible stability offered by low CG quads. John’s (quad) was the most graphic, though. When another pilot was taxiing it, he got into some turbulence which started him swinging left/right. He lifted off and wound up hitting the pavement sideways, skidding to a stop. Had that been a trike or a anything with a higher CG, it would rolled immediately. In fact, there were two trikes that rolled and were damaged. But John’s and another similar unit, which endured highly tipful encounters, just skidded around. Both incidents that I saw would have tipped most trikes. Mind you, I like trikes and, for experienced pilots, they’re fine. Quads have drawbacks, too, of course, namely in rough terrain because the wheels hit bumps unevenly. But overall, the evidence is overwhelming that you’re less likely to flip a low CG quad than a trike. And of course it makes sense given their broader overall base. Trikes can be improved, of course, by having a low CG and wide rear wheel base, but, all things being otherwise equal, quads are the best tool for beginners learning wheels.”