Why Choose Discover Powered Paragliding’s National Training Center?
The BlackHawk National Powered Paragliding Training Centers offer the most complete and inclusive instruction in the industry. Discover Powered Paragliding is the Mid-West’s premier AUTHORIZED BlackHawk Training Center. Through years of experience and countless students, we have gotten it down to a science. In just 3-7 days, students will acquire the skills necessary to fly safely and confidently on their own. Discover Powered Paragliding offers both foot and wheel-launch Powered Paragliding instruction. Relationship-building is very important to us. We make an effort to get to know each student as an individual and understand the best way to convey the concepts of flight. Everyone learns differently and at a different rate. We understand this and customize each training session to meet each student’s needs. Discover Powered Paragliding also specializes in helping everyone to work within any limitations they may have to become the best pilot they can be. Age, physical condition, or disabilities our students have are taken into consideration so that we may provide the best training experience possible. Additionally, we pride ourselves on offering the best customer support available, both before and after the sale. Come train with us and experience first-hand, the life-changing sport of Powered Paragliding!
Our 40 acre training facility is located in beautiful Fowler Illinois. It features a spacious, open, and fully-manicured training field. Training is held here 7 days a week, 365 days out of the year to accommodate students schedules. Fine dining, stores, and lodging are located only minutes from the site, providing students with anything they may need during their training experience. Our training field is only a short flight from the majestic Mississippi River, and the area offers some of the most scenic flying the State has to offer. We are a full-service National Training Center, therefore offering machine maintenance on site, and have parts readily available for customers.
What is Included With Paramotor Training?
This is a COMPLETE course to learn the “ins and outs” of Powered Paragliding. Our Paramotor Course will provide all the knowledge and skills necessary to safely and confidently fly on your own. We cover everything you will need to know about the equipment, properly setting up for a successful launch, how to stay safe in the air, and how to land. We will cover the fundamentals of basic machine maintenance, weather conditions, and many little “tricks” that would take years to acquire on your own. Class size is limited to ensure a one-on-one quality experience, so please call to reserve your spot. If you are rusty and haven’t flown in a while, we also offer FREE refresher courses to our students. We are here to serve you now and support you in the future!
Just a few things covered in our Beginner Training Course:
- A review of all the gear and understanding of the equipment
- A review of the different parts of a Paraglider, what they do, and why
- How to put the harness on, adjust it for comfort, and safety procedures for proper use
- Procedures for handling high-wind launches such as “reverse launching”
- Procedures for handling low or zero wind launches such as “forward launching”
- Beginner ground handling or “kiting” of the glider – This includes proper inflation and brake-toggle control
- How to control the wing while going from a reverse to forward launch position
- How to control the glider without a harness and various weight-shift techniques while on the ground or in flight
- Simulated launch techniques with and without the motor (both forward and reverse techniques)
- Powered winch tows for complete control of your first in-air experience
- Mastering flight or “glider control” before ever leaving the ground
- How to properly get into your harness after launching, and how to safely get out of the harness while landing
- A thorough discussion of your first solo flight which includes: launch technique, a flight course direction to safely follow, adjustment of the throttle, turning while in-flight, and landing procedures
- How to properly warm-up the motor for a long-lasting engine
- How to conduct a pre-flight safety inspection
- Handling of unpredictable conditions or situations in a safe and controlled manor
- Multiple touch-and-go flights to gain the confidence to fly without the instructor’s guidance
- Proper oil and gas mixtures, spark plug gaps, cleaning the engine, and other basic machine maintenance
- Glider maintenance for a long-life, including: folding, storing, and care methods
- Discussion of where and when to fly safely
- A review of the FAR part 103 regulations pertaining to the sport of Powered Paragliding
- A review of the various equipment and accessory options available on the market